Mindful awareness and compassion practices for managing stress and promoting well-being in your personal and professional life.
This 20-hour workshop will provide valuable information about how mindfulness- and compassion-based approaches can help teachers manage the stressful demands of the classroom, cultivate an exceptional learning environment, and revitalize teaching and learning. The workshop draws upon basic and applied research in the fields of mindfulness, neuroscience, psychology and education.
• Mental Health Strategy in Ontario and the focus on Wellness for Educators
• Mindfulness and Neuroscience
• The Physiology and Neurobiology of Stress
• Emotional Literacy
• The Relationship between Health, Happiness and Well-Being
• Mindfulness and its Application in Education
• Learning Outcomes
Participants Will Learn
• How to define mindfulness in education
• The background, themes, session overview and variations in delivery methods for SMART and certificate requirements for teaching SMART
• How to practice Mindful Communication
• How stress affects the brain and learning
Who Should Attend
Educators and those interested in becoming a SMART facilitator. The program is a requirement of the UBC facilitator certification process for SMART Facilitators.
Friday, August 18, 2017 | 9:30am - 4:30pm
Saturday, August 19, 2017 | 9:30am - 4:30pm
Sunday, August 20, 2017 | 9:30am - 4:30pm
Fee: $520 ($500 + $20 for materials)
As a registered charity, we do not charge HST. When you support us, you support our charitable initiatives. If you’d like to learn more, please see our Community Program.