Building resilience… one breath at a time.
The teenage years are an exciting and dramatic time of life, but they can seem like a wild rollercoaster ride. Thrilling and terrifying.
It is a time of tremendous physical and emotional growth, of huge life changes and intense academic and social pressures. It is a time too of bewildering thoughts and feelings that can seem impossible to manage. Making it worse for many teenagers, it often seems like no one understands….
It doesn’t have to be like that. The Centre for Mindfulness Studies is now offering a new introductory workshop created specifically for a teen audience.
The workshop offers:
- on-the-spot-tools teens can use to deal with daily pressures
- key skills to self-manage mood swings and
- practical methods they can use to avoid over-reacting
Participants will learn evidence-based techniques for:
- coping with school pressures
- reducing the anxiety that comes with trying to fit in
- improving sleep
- making it easier to socialize and enjoy life!
Who Should Attend
14-17 year olds who want to learn tools they can use to deal with the stresses of daily life. Younger or older teens may be admitted at the discretion of the facilitator.
Saturday, July 16, 2016 | 2:00pm - 5:00pm
The Centre for Mindfulness Studies
Carmena Room, 180 Sudbury Street
Toronto, ON M6J 0A8
Elaine Orsini BA ECE OTC
Registration is limited.